Reporting and Accountability
To ensure public accountability and financial transparency, public libraries that receive provincial grant funding must submit the following three reports as part of the public library accountability framework.
All 71 B.C. public libraries report their annual statistics through the provincial Annual Survey of B.C.’s Public Libraries.
- Public libraries submit their survey results through a web-based solution called Counting Opinions
- Survey results from 2002-onwards are publicly available through the BC Data Catalogue
- The 2018 Annual Survey updated survey questions and instructions for administrators will be available in early 2019
The Public Library Grant Reports provides an opportunity for libraries to showcase their achievements throughout the year and demonstrate how they support provincial programs and priorities.
- Instructions on how to complete the 2018 PLGR will be available in January 2019
All British Columbia public libraries and library federations that receive provincial grants are required to submit an annual Statement of Financial Information (SOFI), as per section 2 of the Financial Information Act (FIA)
- The 2018 SOFI forms will be available in January 2019