Nass Timber Supply Area
The Nass Timber Supply Area (TSA) is located in northwestern British Columbia in the Skeena Region and covers approximately 1.7 million hectares. This TSA is administered by the Coast Mountains Natural Resource District office in Terrace, it includes the communities of Lakalzap and New Aiyansh.
The Nass TSA’s current allowable annual cut (AAC) is 865,000 cubic metres. Generally, a new AAC is set at least once every 10 years.
In-progress Timber Supply Review
- Data Package (PDF, 1.1MB) December, 2019
Current Timber Supply Review
- Rationale for AAC Determination (PDF, 938KB)
- Summary of Public Input (PDF, 135KB)
- Public Discussion Paper (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Analysis Report (PDF, 1MB)
- Information Report (PDF, 166KB)
The Forest Act — Section 8 (3.1) allows the chief forester to postpone the AAC by up to 10 years if they finds that a new determination is unlikely to change the AAC significantly.