Haida Gwaii Timber Supply Area
The Haida Gwaii timber supply area (TSA), formerly known as the Queen Charlotte TSA, lies entirely within Haida Gwaii, a group of about 150 islands approximately 90 kilometres west of British Columbia’s north coast. Haida Gwaii communities include Masset, Old Masset, Port Clements, Skidegate, Queen Charlotte City and Sandspit.
The TSA covers roughly 308,000 hectares of land, and is administered by the Haida Gwaii Natural Resource District.
Effective September 28, 2021, the Haida Gwaii TSA allowable annual cut (AAC) will be 272,061 m3 due to First Nations Woodland Licence N1G.
Current Timber Supply Review
- Rationale for AAC Determination for Allowable Annual Cut (AAC) Determinations for Tree Farm Licence 58, Tree Farm Licence 60, and Timber Supply Area 25
- Haida Gwaii Public Review Period for an Annual Allowable Cut Determination by the Haida Gwaii Management Council November 2019
- Haida Gwaii Timber Supply Review Analysis Report November 2019
- Socio‑Economic Analysis in support of the Haida Gwaii Timber Supply Review November 2019
- Socio‑Economic Analysis in support of the Haida Gwaii Timber Supply Review Executive Summary November 2019
- Haida Gwaii Timber Supply Review Data Package Appendices 2019
- Haida Gwaii Timber Supply Review DRAFT Data Package 2019