Arrowsmith Timber Supply Area
The allowable annual cut (AAC) of the Arrowsmith timber supply area (TSA) is 320,230 cubic metres, effective September 11, 2020 , due to the Chief Forester Order Section 173.
Arrowsmith is the second most densely populated TSA in the province. It includes the Capital Regional District (including the City of Victoria) as well as Duncan, Ladysmith, Nanaimo, North Cowichan, Parksville, Qualicum Beach, Port Alberni, Tofino and Ucluelet.
The TSA is within the West Coast Natural Resource Region and is administered by the South Island Natural Resource District.
Feedback is welcome on any issue related to the timber supply review for the Arrowsmith TSA. Public input is a vital part of the timber supply review process.
- Arrowsmith Timber Supply Area gets slight reduction
Reference # 2018FLNR0009-000183* Released on February 9, 2018
Current Timber Supply Review
- Old Growth Designated Area No. 1 Rationale for Allowable Annual Cut (AAC) AAC Reductions (PDF) Effective September 11, 2020
- Chief Forester Order Section 173 of the Forest Act for the Arrowsmith Timber Supply Area (PDF) Effective September 11, 2020
- Rationale for AAC Determination (PDF) February 2018
- News Release Public Input (PDF) November 2016
- Discussion Paper (PDF) November 2016
- Updated Data Package (PDF) November 2016