Arrowsmith Timber Supply Area
The allowable annual cut (AAC) of the Arrowsmith timber supply area (TSA) is 324,580 cubic metres, as of July 16, 2018, due to the AAC Administration Regulation adjustment for Qala-yit Community Forest (K5U).
Arrowsmith is the second most densely populated TSA in the province. It includes the Capital Regional District (including the City of Victoria) as well as Duncan, Ladysmith, Nanaimo, North Cowichan, Parksville, Qualicum Beach, Port Alberni, Tofino and Ucluelet.
The TSA is within the West Coast Natural Resource Region and is administered by the South Island Natural Resource District.
Feedback is welcome on any issue related to the timber supply review for the Arrowsmith TSA. Public input is a vital part of the timber supply review process.
- Arrowsmith Timber Supply Area gets slight reduction
Reference # 2018FLNR0009-000183* Released on February 9, 2018
Current Timber Supply Review
- Rationale for AAC Determination (PDF) February 2018
- News Release Public Input (PDF) November 2016
- Discussion Paper (PDF) November 2016
- Updated Data Package (PDF) November 2016