Sea to Sky Natural Resource District Road Safety Information
Forest Service Road (FSR) Conditions - Sea to Sky District - updated regularly
Ashlu Branch of the Squamish River FSR #9160
- April 1 - June 15 annually: motorized vehicle prohibition on Ashlu River upstream of the bridge crossing over Pikett Creek. (Wildlife Act, section 76(a))
Birkenhead Lake FSR #5733
- April 1 - June 15 annually: motorized vehicle prohibition on Birkenhead River upstream of the bridge crossing over Tenquille Creek (Wildlife Act, section 76(d))
Blackwater Creek FSR #8354
- April 1 - June 15 annually: motorized vehicle prohibition on Phelix Creek upstream of the junction of the Phelix Creek FSR and Blackwater Creek FSR. (Wildlife Act, section 76(h))
Cheakamus River FSR #3077 branch 01 at 3km
- November 13, 2018 until further notice (anticipated until late spring 2019): Under authority of Section 6 of the Forest Service Road Use Regulation the Cheakamus River FSR branch 01 (access to Cheakamus Lake) will be closed to the public from 3km to 6.5km to allow for the Cheakamus Community Forest to carry out a fuel reduction project as part of the Resort Municipality of Whistler's community wildfire protection plan. While access between 0km and 3km will be open, it is not recommended as there may be limited opportunities to turn vehicles around.
Haylmore Creek FSR #5694
- April 1 - June 15 annually: motorized vehicle prohibition on Haylmore Creek upstream of the bridge crossing over Common Johnny Creek. (Wildlife Act, section 76(k))
Lillooet River FSR #6123 (also known as Upper Lillooet) and access to Hurley FSR at 3km
- January 8, 2019 until further notice: Access not recommended on the Lillooet River FSR at approx. 3km - 5km due to current weather conditions and possible slope instability. Reduced access is voluntary and the road will remain open; however, access is not advised. This restriction will impact access to/from the Hurley FSR (turn off located at 9km on the Lillooet River FSR).
Lillooet South FSR #7977
- April 1 - June 15 and September 16 - November 30 annually: motorized vehicle prohibition at 2km. (Wildlife Act, section 111)
Sloquet Creek FSR #6780
- April 1 - June 15 annually: motorized vehicle prohibition on Sloquet Creek upstream of the bridge crossing over an unnamed creek located 5km north of the bridge crossing over North Sloquet Creek. (Wildlife Act, section 76(c))
- ROAD WORKS: April 1, 2019 - November 2019: Major road works on the In-SHUCK-ch FSR (also know as the Lillooet Lake Road) between 0 - 2km. Key dates to note: April 1, 2019 - start of project; July/ August 2019 - anticipated use of bypass road which will have a 20% grade (extreme caution for oversized vehicles and trailers); October/ November 2019 - projected completion of the project. Please check Forest Service Road (FSR) Conditions - Sea to Sky District page under the heading In-SHUCK-ch FSR for updated road conditions.
- DEACTIVATION: February 2, 2017: Under Section 121 (9) of the Forest Act, please find notice of the deactivation or transfer of selected Forest Service Roads within the Sea to Sky Natural Resource District.
- BC Bid
- Notice to Contractors (Effective April 1, 2017)
- Public and Worker Health and Safety Information
- BC Forest Safety
- Resource Road Engineering Standards & Guidelines
- BCTS Wet Weather Safety Shutdown Guidelines
- Radio Communication Protocols for FSRs and Radio Frequencies
- Traffic Use On Forest Service Roads (road counters)
- Road Use Permit Obligations and Expectations, Sea to Sky Natural Resource District
- Driving on Forest Roads
- Radio Calling
- Volcanic Landslide Risk Management
- Lillooet River Valley, BC: Start of north and south FSRs to Meager Confluence, Meager Creek and Upper Lillooet River
- Weather Thresholds and Operational Safety Planning
- Turbid Creek, Mount Cayley, Squamish River Valley, BC.
- Road permits requirements - new page coming soon