South Island Natural Resource District Road Safety Information
Cook Creek FSR 9613 Branch 4 (BR4701) (as of Dec 5, 2017)
BR4701 FSR off the Cook Creek Main will be closed at 1.5 km due to a failing bridge abutment. There is no access beyond this point.
Google Earth compatible district resource road maps associated with the above closures (see Google Earth Help for importing information)
Road Access Restrictions
Sombrio Beach Access Road (Sombrio FSR 10028 Branch 09) (as of June 18 , 2019)
From August 6 to September 30, 2019 road upgrades will be carried out for 1.2 km on the Sombrio Beach Access Road (Sombrio Forest Service Road - Branch 09). Road upgrades will include road widening, re-surfacing, culvert installation, and ditching.
- During weekdays the road will be open for vehicle and pedestrian traffic three times a day for one hour intervals. Please refer to the attached detailed schedule of road opening and closure times.
- The road will remain accessible at all times for emergency vehicles.
- There will be no road closures on weekends, statutory holidays or overnight.
- Flaggers will will be present onsite to assist with traffic control.
If you require more information contact Robert Thomas, District Engineering Officer.
- Sombrio Beach Access Map (PDF, 287 KB)
- Sombrio Beach Access Opening and Closure Schedule (PDF, 151.1 KB)
Authorized Gate Closures
Loup Creek FSR 9296 Branch 02 and Branch 03 (as of February 4th, 2019)
Branch 02 and 03 are gated until June 30th, 2019. The purpose is for public safety while harvesting activities are carried out.
Nahmint FSR 7954 Branch 316 (as of July 30th, 2018)
Branch 316 is gated until October 31st, 2019. The purpose is for public safety while road construction activities are carried out.
Google Earth compatible district resource road maps associated with the above restrictions (see Google Earth Help for importing information)