Skeena Stikine Natural Resource District road safety information
Road notices and warnings
The following FSR’s/Roads have gate control access with locks:
- 456 FSR 5897.18, gate on Nichyeskwa Creek bridge at 1.7km
- High Grizzly Bear May-November.
- 480 FSR 5897.09, gate at 22km
- Open during harvesting operations only. Closed to non industrial use all year.
- Acorn Lake R09511.459, gate at 12km
- Gate restricted for to minimize impact on Grizzly Bear and Moose habitat, circle route prevention.
- Gate is locked from April 15 to June 30 and September 15 to November 15.
- Meed Creek R19329.06, gate at 11km
- Closed to minimize access to Babine Mountain Park. Closed to non industrial use all year.
- Nilkitkwa 465 Road R09511.465.1, gate at 1.5km
- Closed to non industrial use all year.
- Upper Fulton FSR 314 Road R10836.314, gate at 2km
- Closed to minimize access to Babine Mountain Park.
- Telkwa River FSR 118 Road Howson R09521.118 gate at 0km
- Closed to all traffic year round due to wildlife habitat area
Road Closures and restrictions
Caribou FSR 10998.01 (2016)
Bridge removed at 6km, only quad, snowmobile access beyond. No signage installed.
Damsumlo FSR 9537.02 (2014)
Closed at 18km due to culvert washout. Closed until further notice.
Klappan Rail Grade (2020)
Closed at 25km klappan bridge due to washouts. Closed until further notice and road closed sign installed.
Nichyeskwa North Connector FSR 4985.09 (2012)
Closed at 10.2km. Closed May 1 to November 1 to non industrial traffic.
Skeena Carrigan FSR 7871.02 (2014)
Closed at 17km, Blackstock Creek. Bridge removed, road closed sign installed on town side. No access beyond for quad or pick up.
Suskwa FSR 4985.01 (2014)
Closed at 15km due to Madi Lii road block. Closed until further notice.
Wilson Creek R08584.01 (2016)
Closed at 0.5km due to cross ditch to keep vehicles off 3 failing log bridge structures.
455 Road which comes off Nilkitkwa FSR 5897.01 at 55km (2014)
5897-02 for 1.7km then turns into R09511 (West Fraser Mills Road Permit) up to about 21km where the Road Permit section is closed due to a bridge being removed. Road closed signs are installed at this location on both sides as this Road Permit section turns into the Nichyeskwa North FSR at 24km.
Nichyeskwa North FSR has gated access at 10.2km. This gate is closed from May to November.
Collins Main R07395-07 deactivated at 5km (2015)
Culvert removed, cross ditched, road closed sign installed on town side. Closed until further notice.
Golden Bear Access Road deactivated at 22km (2015)
Cross ditch was dug and information sign installed.
Kuldo Extension R07051.01 deactivated at 45km (2017)
This is deactivated with rock barrier at 45km. Bridge rails beyond on 6 bridges are unsafe and there is a washout across the road at 55km.
McDonnel Road FSR 7552.01 deactivated at 42km (1995)
Deactivated at 42km.