Campbell River Natural Resource District Road Safety Information
- Driving Forest Service Roads - Campbell River Natural Resource District (PDF)
- Radio Calling Standard Operating Procedure - Campbell River Natural Resource District (PDF)
- Resource Road User Safety Guide (PDF)
- 2015 Coast Radio Frequency Map (PDF)
- There are no closures at this time.
Work In-Progress/Upcoming Works
Please be advised of ongoing preventative maintenance measures to improve driver safety at approximately 38.5km along the Zeballos FSR. The project will involve some blasting of rock faces and some road widening to improve this section of the road.
The project is scheduled to take place between October 12, 2017 and November 30, 2017. The work will be managed so that traffic delays will be kept as short as possible. Please plan your travel accordingly or consider alternate routes.
- BCTS Notice of Discontinued Forest Service Roads
Please direct any questions regarding the above notice to BCTS Engineering Specialist Roland.Doering@gov.bc.ca
Seasonal conditions exist on most roads. Back-country roads may present rough and/or wet conditions with soft muddy sections. Where avalanche paths exist, the roads may be partially covered with residual debris. As always, caution is advised on all roads and back-country travellers should be aware of rapidly changing weather conditions including stream flows which may affect road conditions. Travellers should also be mindful when entering tsunami areas and pay close attention to tsunami evacuation route signage.
It is strongly recommended that travellers on winter roads take the following precautions:
- Ensure your vehicle is well maintained and has reliable winter tires installed
- Always carry chains
- Ensure your vehicle is equipped with an emergency kit - i.e. first aid kit, shovel, axe, matches, lighter, blankets, rope etc.
- Drive accordingly to road and weather conditions
- Notify someone of your departure time and expected time of arrival at destination
- In extreme conditions, re-evaluate the need to travel