Campbell River Natural Resource District Road Safety Information
- Driving Forest Service Roads - Campbell River Natural Resource District (PDF)
- Radio Calling Standard Operating Procedure - Campbell River Natural Resource District (PDF)
- Resource Road User Safety Guide (PDF)
- Campbell River Coast Radio Frequency Map V10_9 (PDF)
- Please be advised that BC Timber Sales will be closing the following roads for bridge replacement projects:
- The Atluck FSR will be closed at 24km for two weeks sometime between August 15 and September 15, 2018
- The Artlish FSR will be closed at 7km for two weeks sometime between August 15 and September 15, 2018
Work In-Progress/Upcoming Works
There are no works at this time.
- BCTS Notice of Discontinued Forest Service Roads
Please direct any questions regarding the above notice to BCTS Engineering Specialist Roland.Doering@gov.bc.ca
Seasonal conditions exist on most roads. Back-country roads may present rough and/or wet conditions with soft muddy sections. Where avalanche paths exist, the roads may be partially covered with residual debris. As always, caution is advised on all roads and back-country travellers should be aware of rapidly changing weather conditions including stream flows which may affect road conditions. Travellers should also be mindful when entering tsunami areas and pay close attention to tsunami evacuation route signage.
It is strongly recommended that travellers on winter roads take the following precautions:
- Ensure your vehicle is well maintained and has reliable winter tires installed
- Always carry chains
- Ensure your vehicle is equipped with an emergency kit - i.e. first aid kit, shovel, axe, matches, lighter, blankets, rope etc.
- Drive accordingly to road and weather conditions
- Notify someone of your departure time and expected time of arrival at destination
- In extreme conditions, re-evaluate the need to travel