Cascades Natural Resource District Road Safety Information
- Driving Forest Roads (PDF, 22.5KB)
- Radio Calling (PDF, 23.3KB)
- Road Information Sign Placement (PDF, 21.1KB)
- Load rated Structure Inventory Detailed Report 2017 (PDF, 196KB)
- Radio Communication Protocols (PDF, 353KB)
- Road Channel Maps
Road Closures and Conditions
Mud FSR 5496 (as of June 11, 2019)
The slide at 98.5 km is still impacting the road, there is a trail cut in the toe that allows pickup travel past the slide. However, as it is an active slide we do say that road users should use the road at their own risk and to be prepared in case the slide moves again and blocks travel in or out.
Please leave yourself time if travelling through this area in case you are required to use the alternate route. If you have any questions or require information regarding the alternate route, please contact BJ Moore, Engineering Officer at 250-378-8448 or Brian.Moore@gov.bc.ca.
Hurley River North 10194.01 (as of January 17, 2019)
Hurley is CLOSED for the winter. Please visit http://isurvivedthehurley.com/ website for the most current information. Note: this is a public maintained website, not updated by MFLRNO
Skuhun Creek FSR 0814.01 (as of June 26, 2017)
- Road closed with a barricade due to washout @ 20km. Closed until further notice.
Yalakom River FSR 7649.01 (as of May 3, 2016)
- Several sections with rock and cut bank sloughs on the road. Travel not recommended beyond 60 km.
Chinahead Mountain 8118.01 (as of April 4, 2014)
- Road closed at Davey Jones Creek due to slide. Closed until further notice. .
Leon Creek 5848.03 (as of June 26, 2017)
- Road closed at approximately 1.5 km due to slide. Closed until further notice.
Note: these maps can be slow to load.
Google Earth compatible district resource road map (see Google Earth Help for importing information)