Cascades Natural Resource District Road Safety Information
- Driving Forest Roads (PDF, 22.5KB)
- Radio Calling (PDF, 23.3KB)
- Road Information Sign Placement (PDF, 21.1KB)
- Load rated Structure Inventory Detailed Report 2017 (PDF, 196KB)
- Radio Communication Protocols (PDF, 353KB)
- Road Channel Maps
Road Closures and Conditions
Mud FSR 5496 (as of May 3, 2018)
Due to severe erosion of the road prism from this spring weather, the Mud FSR is now temporarily closed at 98.5km. A geotech has been notified and the road user is working with the District to re-establish use of the FSR.
There is a way around via another FSR if required to access anything beyond 98.5km. If you need more details re the alternate route contact BJ Moore, Engineering Officer at 250-378-8448 or Brian.Moore@gov.bc.ca.
Hurley River North 10194.01 (as of January 10, 2018)
Hurley is OPENED for the summer. Please visit http://isurvivedthehurley.com/ website for the most current information. Note: this is a public maintained website, not updated by MFLRNO
Skuhun Creek FSR 0814.01 (as of June 26, 2017)
- Road closed with a barricade due to washout @ 20km. Closed until further notice.
Yalakom River FSR 7649.01 (as of May 3, 2016)
- Several sections with rock and cut bank sloughs on the road. Travel not recommended beyond 60 km.
Chinahead Mountain 8118.01 (as of April 4, 2014)
- Road closed at Davey Jones Creek due to slide. Closed until further notice. .
Leon Creek 5848.03 (as of June 26, 2017)
- Road closed at approximately 1.5 km due to slide. Closed until further notice.
Note: these maps can be slow to load.
Google Earth compatible district resource road map (see Google Earth Help for importing information)