Ministry of Social Development & Poverty Reduction
Call 1-866-866-0800 or use My Self Serve instead of coming into an office if you have:
- COVID-19 symptoms like cough, shortness of breath or fever
- Been around someone sick, like a family member
- Not completed 14-day isolation after travel abroad
The Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction focuses on providing British Columbians in need with a system of supports to help them achieve their social and economic potential.
- COVID-19 Support for People with Disabilities
- COVID-19 Support for Income and Disability Assistance
New emergency support measures.
- B.C. Poverty Reduction
Learn more about the Poverty Reduction Strategy.
- Payment Dates
The current schedule for income and disability assistance payment dates.
- Supports and Services for People with Disabilities
Resources and services for people with disabilities from ministries across government.
- Building a Better B.C. for People with Disabilities
Providing people of all abilities with the opportunity to live full, inclusive lives.
- Transition Planning for Youth and Young Adults
A system of supports to better meet the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Single Parent Employment Initiative
Help for eligible single parents receiving income and disability assistance to secure sustainable employment.
- BC Employment Assistance Policy and Procedure Manual
Access detailed employment and assistance information and legislation.
- Income Assistance
Apply for B.C. Employment and Assistance (BCEA).
- Disability Assistance
Apply for Persons with Disabilities Assistance.
- My Self Serve
Secure online access to income and disability assistance programs and services in B.C.
Committed to help British Columbians successfully navigate B.C.’s labour market.
- Bus Pass
A reduced cost, annual bus pass for low income seniors and individuals receiving disability assistance.