Ministry of Children & Family Development
The Ministry works together with Delegated Aboriginal Agencies, Aboriginal service partners and approximately 5,400 contracted community social service agencies and foster homes, cross-government and social sector partners to deliver inclusive, culturally respectful, responsive and accessible services that support the well-being of children, youth and families.
- Call Provincial Centralized Screening – toll-free in B.C. 1 800 663-9122 if you think a child is being abused or neglected. It is available 24 hours a day.
- New Child Care Improvements in B.C.
Information on how Budget 2018 makes significant improvements to child care in B.C.
- Grand Chief Ed John Report: Indigenous Resilience, Connectedness and Reunification -- From Root Causes to Root Solutions
In his November 2016 report, special advisor on Indigenous children in care made 85 recommendations on how to better support the needs of all Indigenous children.
- Adoption and Fostering
Information on adoption and fostering in British Columbia.
- Services & Supports for Parents with Young Children
Learn more about developmental milestones, child care in your community, or find a parent/tot program.
- Aboriginal Child & Family Development
Information on key programs and services available to Aboriginal children, youth and families in British Columbia.
- Children & Youth with Special Needs
Accessible high-quality intervention and support services for children and youth with special needs.
- Youth Justice
Services for youth aged 12 to 17 who are involved in the justice system.
- Information for Contracted Service Providers
Learn more about contracting with the Ministry of Children and Family Development.
- Provincial Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services
Programs and Services for Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblind individuals in B.C.
- Protecting Children
It is your duty to report child abuse. Learn more about child protection services in B.C.
- Child & Youth Mental Health
Community-based, specialized mental health services to support children with mental health challenges and their families.
- Youth & Family Services
Sometimes families can benefit from a little extra help. Learn more about how to engage with youth, find specialized support for important transitions, and access useful services to help keep your family together during challenging times.