Ministry of Agriculture
The Ministry of Agriculture is responsible for the production, marketing, processing and merchandising of agricultural products and food.
- 2017 Canada-British Columbia Wildfires Recovery Initiative
$20 million to assist agricultural producers with the extraordinary costs incurred to recover from the adverse effects of this year’s wildfires.
- Agrifood Business and Market Development
Resources to start an agricultural business or expand in domestic and international markets.
- Agricultural Land & Environment
- Tools and information to support farmers and growers ensure sustainable and environmentally friendly use of these resources.
- Animals & Crops
Resources for growers including: financial programs, diagnostic services, production information, and pest management practices.
- Emergency Management
Prepare for emergencies and disasters like wildfires, droughts and floods.
- Fisheries & Aquaculture
Resources for those in the commercial fisheries and aquaculture industries,
including information about the Minister of Agriculture's Advisory Council on Finfish Aquaculture.
- Food Safety
Learn more about good agricultural practices.
Census of Agriculture, industry & sector profiles, market analysis, and trade statistics.
- Agriculture & Seafood Programs
Apply to funding and advisory programs that support producers and food processors in the agriculture and seafood sector.
- AgriService BC
Find popular agricultural topics that may be of interest.
- Animal Health Centre
A full-service veterinary diagnostic laboratory, located in the Abbotsford Agriculture Centre.
- Insurance & Income Protection
- Learn how to protect your business against severe market volatility and disaster situations.
- Seafood Industry Licensing
Ensuring seafood is safe for public consumption.