Service BC Location: Nelson
Service BC Nelson is expecting longer than usual wait times due to staffing levels. We know your time is valuable and appreciate your patience and understanding.
We will continue to prioritize appointments at this time.
310 Ward Street, Nelson, B.C.
Open Monday - Friday, 9am - 4:30pm
For ICBC driver licensing support please call 1-800-950-1498.
If you have questions or need to book an appointment please call 1-800-663-7867 for assistance.
Provincial restrictions are in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19. The restrictions are made by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) under the Public Health Act. More information on the current public health order is available here: Provincial and regional restrictions
Please call rather than visit the office if you have:
- Symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, shortness of breath or fever
- A sick family member or have been around someone who is sick
- Not completed the 14-day isolation after travel abroad
By order of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), proof of vaccination is required to access some events, services and businesses to help protect people from COVID-19. You can learn more by visiting the BC Government website: gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard
ICBC Driver Licensing | ID Verification | Getting Married | Change My Name | Birth Services | Hunting and Fishing | Provincial Government Payments | Landlord and Tenant Relations | After a Death | More Information and Services
ICBC Driver Licensing
- Renew or Replace a BC Drivers Licence, BCID, or BC Services Card
- Switching a Drivers Licence from Outside B.C.
- Knowledge Testing for Drivers Licence (Learners, Commercial and Motorcycle)
- Requires an Appointment
- BC Drivers Abstract
- Change Address
Call ICBC: 1 800 950-1498
- Purchase a Marriage Licence
- Marriage Certificate
Call Vital Statistics: 1 888 876-1633
- Birth Registration
- Birth Certificate
- Change to Birth Information
Call Vital Statistics: 1 888 876-1633
Hunting and Fishing
- Fish and Wildlife ID
- BC Resident Hunting Licence and Tags
- Youth (10 - 18 years old)
- Initiation (first time hunting licence)
- Non-resident Hunting
- BC Resident and Non-resident Fishing (Angling) Licence
- Purchase in-person
Call Fish and Wildlife: 1 877 855-3222
Provincial Government Payments
- BC Motor Vehicle (Traffic) Violation Tickets and Disputes
- BC Violation Tickets and Disputes
- Ambulance Service Fee Payments
- BC Student Loans
- Court Fines
- MSP/HIBC Payments
- International Student Health Fee
- Rural Property Tax
- Provincial Sales Tax (PST)
- Fuel Tax Refund for Persons with Disabilities
Call Service BC: 1 800 663-7867
Service BC is unable to provide access to or assistance with Service Canada programs.
- You are encouraged to use self-serve options to access Service Canada programs and services online, and to avoid calling Service Canada if your request is not urgent.
- If you would like to be contacted by Service Canada please complete this form.
Services Available at this Location:
Services that do not require an in-person visit have been identified as Online.
- Address Change BC – Online
- Affordable Child Care Benefit – Online
- Ambulance Service Fee Payments – Online
- BC Hydro
- Community Crisis Fund – Online
- BC Online (Government Services Online) – Online
- Personal Property (Motor Vehicle) Lien Search
- BC Services Card
- Identity Verification – Online
- BC Transplant Registration – Online
- BC Vital Statistics Services – Marriage Licence Issuance in office only;
- BCeID (ID for Online Government Services) – Online
- Cannabis Worker/Associate Attestation
- Commissioner for Taking Affidavits (limited authority)
- Corporate Registry Services
- Court Registry Services – Online
- Elections BC
- Exam Invigilation Services - please call the office to set up an appointment
- Fishing (Angling) Licences - Online
- Forestry Worker Support Program - Online
- Hunting Licence (BC Resident) - Online
- Manufactured Home Searches, Relocation Permits and Initial Registrations - Online
- Medical Services Plan/Health Insurance BC – Online
- ICBC – Driver Licence Services - Online
- Residential Tenancy Forms and Application Submission – Online
- Rural Property Tax Services
- Water Rental Payments