Manufactured or Mobile Homes
British Columbia is the only jurisdiction in Canada that protects a person's investment in a manufactured home by having a central register of ownership details and controlling the movement of homes within B.C
Under the Manufactured Home Act (previously the Mobile Home Act), no sale, transfer or purchase of a manufactured home in B.C. is effective unless the transaction is registered with the Manufactured Home Registry. The registry protects a person's investment in a manufactured home by:
- Maintaining a central register of manufactured home ownership details
- Controlling the movement of manufactured homes in B.C.
- Improving the security of lenders in financing purchases of manufactured homes
Find Out How To
- Register a manufactured home
- Register a purchase, sale or move of a manufactured home
- Correct or update registered information
- Submit a request for a title search
Qualified Suppliers are lawyers and notaries, home manufacturers, home dealers, and other service providers who are approved by the Manufactured Home Registry to submit forms on your behalf for a fee. Ask your current service provider if they are a Qualified Supplier. If you wish to use our preferred service supplier, contact Dye & Durham.
If you would like to become a Qualified Supplier, apply to the Manufactured Home Registry.
BC Online provides online access to Manufactured Home Registry services and filings. A deposit of $100 is required when you sign up for an account and this becomes a credit for future use. Note: Some services may be restricted to the type of user.