Environmental Farm Plan Program
On February 28, 2019, the Agricultural Waste Control Regulation is being replaced with the Agricultural Environmental Management Code of Practice. This page is being updated to be consistent with the new regulation.
The Environmental Farm Plan (EFP) Program supports farm operations to complete agri-environmental risk assessments.
Benefits of completing an EFP include:
- Improved sustainability of British Columbia’s agricultural industry
- Recognition of efforts to manage land in an environmentally sustainable manner
- Enhanced marketing opportunities and improved relationships with environmental agencies
- Improved response to environmental incidents through contingency planning
A qualified planning advisor will work with qualified farmers or ranchers to complete a confidential EFP assessment that outlines recommended actions to help you improve your operation.
- Owners, farmers and ranchers of agricultural land in B.C. (or agricultural land under lease agreement)