Environmental Farm Plan Program
Farmers who have an Environmental Farm Plan (EFP) learn how to reduce agriculture’s impact on the environment. Many Environmental Farm Plan participants enjoy increased efficiency, profitability and new customers as a result of increased environmental sustainability.
Participation in the EFP program is confidential, at no cost to the farmer, and starts with an on-farm consultation with a trained EFP Planning Advisor who helps you complete an agri-environmental risk assessment.
Benefits of completing an EFP include:
- Recognition of efforts to manage land in an environmentally sustainable manner
- Enhanced marketing opportunities and improved relationships with environmental agencies
- Access to funding and support for climate adaptation and regenerative agriculture
- Improved response to environmental incidents through contingency planning
Regenerative agriculture and the EFP program
The initial farm assessment in the Environmental Farm Plan provides a first step to help farmers understand the connections between their operation and the surrounding environment. An action plan to address environmental issues and funding to support on farm improvements or further management plans allow producers to make meaningful changes for improving the sustainability of their operation. For over 17 years the program has helped farmers assess and take action with regenerative agriculture practices in areas such as:
- Promoting on-farm biodiversity
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Increasing water and nutrient use efficiency
- Protection of riparian areas
- Building healthy soil
Check out some success stories and find out how farms are making changes for the better through the EFP Beneficial Management Practices program.
The EFP Program is delivered by the Agriculture Research & Development Corporation (ARDCorp). For more program details and to get started with the EFP process you can call 1-866-522-3447.
- Visit the ARDCorp website for more information on the Environmental Farm Plan Program