Knowledge Transfer Events
Due to COVID-19 and associated physical distancing recommendations, the Knowledge Transfer Events Program has been put on hold for 2020/21, application intake will reopen March 2021.
The Knowledge Transfer Events Program supports industry activities that contribute to and improve the competitiveness, innovation and resilience of B.C.’s agriculture and agrifoods sector. The funding facilitates knowledge and technical transfer to strategically support B.C.’s producers and processors to innovate and adapt to changing environmental, production, and market conditions.
Eligible applicants can access up to $5,000 for knowledge transfer events.
- Conferences or forums
- Field days and demonstrations
- Innovative forms of knowledge sharing
- Keynote speakers on best management practices and production topics
- Short courses or educational seminars
- Community farm tours
- Field trials, walks or research days
- Processor organizations
- Producer associations
- Indigenous governments, communities and groups
Other applicants who work directly with and demonstrate strong support from producers or processors groups may be considered.
Applications will be evaluated on the extent to which the event supports producers and processors via:
- Communicating best practices, technological advances and innovative strategies that will increase sector competitiveness
- Addressing a new/emerging opportunity or issue relevant to the agriculture and agrifoods sector
- Increasing the capacity of producers or processors to adapt to changing environmental, production, and/or market conditions
- Providing peer learning, educational networking and relationship building opportunities for underrepresented and target groups such as new entrants, youth, women, persons with disabilities and Indigenous Peoples
How to Apply
Applications for this program are currently closed. Please contact Knowledge.Transfer@gov.bc.ca for more information.