Beneficial Management Practices Program
The BMP Program is now open for application intakes. Intake timelines, BMP project categories, and eligible projects can be found at the BMP program webpage. Eligible BMPs will cover equipment purchases, energy/greenhouse gases projects, irrigation projects, construction projects, riparian projects and water projects, and more. Applications will be through the BC Investment Agriculture Fund (IAF) and applicants will apply through the IAF Client Portal.
New for 2023!!!
- Starting April 1, 2023, - the historic program ‘lifetime’ cap of $70,000 will be removed, and all farms will be ‘reset to zero’
- All BMP projects are now under a first-come, first-serve model
- Projects may be eligible for multiple-year funding, with project costs broken down by year
Upon completion of an Environmental Farm Plan, project funding to increase your agricultural sustainability and contribute to a cleaner, healthier environment may be available through the Beneficial Management Practices Program (BMP).
Eligible projects include:
- Waste management
- Air quality control
- Emissions control
- Soil and riparian integrity
- Water quality
- Environmental impacts
Eligibility criteria apply and the type and nature of practices available for incentive funding is subject to annual review.
- B.C. farm and ranch businesses with a GST number that have an approved and valid Environmental Farm Plan (within the last five years and reflecting current farming operations).
Apply for the BMP program