Century Farm and Ranch Awards
The Century Farm Awards honour pioneers whose farm, ranch or agricultural organization has been active in B.C. for 100 years.
Award winners will receive a sign presented by the Minister (or Minister delegate) at no charge from the B.C. government. Recipients of a Century Farm Award do not need to re-apply to obtain a new sign. If a replacement sign is required, a formal request should be made through the contact information below. New signs may be ordered at a cost of approximately $200, which will be equally cost-shared between the Province and the recipient.
Award Criteria and Categories
The following are eligible for awards:
- A farm or ranch business with a minimum of two hectares (five acres) that is owned by the immediate descendants of the original owners and operated as a farm business or ranch business at all times
- A farm business or ranch business that has been owned and operated by the same family for 100 years or more and/or
- whose owners do not now live on it or operate it. (i.e. leased or rented)
- have moved from one location to another, and remained active
- An Institute, Industry Association, etc. that has been active for the past 100 years or more
Applicants are responsible for all research and supporting documentation. A written history of family ownership must be provided. The application will not be processed without documentation. Members of the public can apply for, or nominate a recipient, by filling out the following form:
All nominations are kept on file. If the nominated farm is a couple of years short of meeting the qualifications the nomination will be retained until the award can be given.
Submit your completed application/nomination form, along with copies of supporting documentation via post or e-mail to:
Ministry of Agriculture
640 Borland Street
Williams Lake, B.C.