Irrigation System Assessment Guide
The Irrigation System Assessment Guide assists British Columbia farmers and ranchers to optimize water use, thereby improving water management during times of drought, long-term climate change, and competing uses of the water resource.
The guide encourages long-term commitment to a sustainable, environmentally-sound and economically-viable agriculture industry in British Columbia.
The following individual publications form the Irrigation System Assessment Guide. Examples are provided for all applicable irrigation assessments. Blank worksheets are also provided for self-evaluation.
- Front Cover of Guide (PDF 3.0 MB)
- Title Page, Preface, ISBN (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Chapter 0 How to Use this Publication (PDF)
- Chapter 1 Introduction to an Irrigation System Assessment (PDF)
- Chapter 2 Climate (PDF)
- Chapter 3 Basic Irrigation System Assessment (PDF 2.0 MB)
- Chapter 4 Irrigation System Operational Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix A Unit Conversions (PDF)
- Appendix B Sprinkler and Gun Nozzle Specifications (PDF)
- Appendix C Blank Worksheets (PDF 1.3 MB)
- Appendix E Glossary (PDF)