Inland Ferry Services Contracts
Transport Canada measures are in effect:
- Travelers must stay inside vehicles at all times
- Walk-ons with symptoms of COVID-19 not permitted
- Walk-ons must stay in designated zones only
- All amenities closed until further notice
The inland ferries operate under private contract with the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure.
Below are the contract templates for ferry service on nine inland routes:
- Barnston Island Ferry Agreement (effective until March 31, 2028)
- Francois Lake Ferry Agreement (effective until May 31, 2028)
- Kootenay Lake Ferry Agreement (effective until September 30, 2028)
Includes Kootenay Lake, Harrop and Glade ferries
- Arrow Lakes Ferry Agreement (effective until November 30, 2028)
Includes Upper Arrow Lake, Needles, Arrow Park and Adams Lake ferries
Ferry services for the five reaction ferry routes (Big Bar, Little Fort, Lytton, McLure and Usk) are included in the highway maintenance contracts.