Cyber Security Alerts & Notifications
Cyber security alerts and notifications provide timely information about current security issues, vulnerabilities, and threats. If you are a B.C. Public Service employee and believe your system may be compromised or at risk, please contact the 7-7000 Service Desk via email or phone 1-866-660-0811, option 3.
Reminder: Spoofing Emails
Many modern phishing attempts use the names and emails of your contacts and business partners to try and fool you. Use these tips to avoid falling for these scams.
- Carefully inspect all emails, even if it appears to be coming from someone you know.
- Be vigilant and safe whenever you see links or attachments in your emails.
- If you suspect that spam emails are being spoofed to look like they are from someone you know, contact that person through a different channel (phone, in-person, lync) and let them know.
- If you suspect that someone is spoofing emails to look like they are from you, check in with your contacts and see if they have received anything suspicious.
- If you are a government employee and your @gov.bc.ca account has received an email with suspected malicious links or attachments, report it to SecurityInvestigations@gov.bc.ca.
The emails (subject line) listed below have been deemed as malicious and should be deleted immediately. If you have received a suspicious email that is not listed below, please report the email by sending it as an attachment.
Jul 13, 2020: New Shared File Fscxxxxxx From Your Contact (where x=six random numbers)
Jun 29, 2020: EARNING STATEMENT FOR JUNE-2020
Jun 26, 2020: 🎵 6/22/2020 3:48:07 PM (Random date and time. Email message includes malicious ‘Read Your Voicemail’ link)
Jun 22, 2020: 2020-0140.....RE: Documents from Rentokil [K/0034O222/0001]
Jun 17, 2020: 78days_Overdue_INV-44637819 (Note: INV number may be different)
Jun 17, 2020: RE: Benefit (suspicious link contains a credential harvester)
Jun 12, 2020: 'Alert VM Message TO’
Jun 10, 2020: 🚩 Can you use all 20GB? 🎧 It's only $68 per month
Jun 3, 2020: Password Expiration Report : Wednesday, June 3, 2020’
Jun 2, 2020: Alert VM Message TO
May 28, 2020: Notification
May 26, 2020: Password Service Alert for firstname.lastname@example.org
May 26, 2020: New unread message
May 21, 2020: ‘Audio To Cannabis On 21 May, 2020 ##REF:QZARSG_14035-6308’
May 19, 2020: ERR01 Delivery Request
May 14, 2020: Password due for <email address>
May 13, 2020: Ever-Cold Storage
May 12, 2020: Re: Mail Case 404SD
May 12, 2020: 🕪Gov_NewAudioMessage.htm
May 11, 2020: Sheila Morrison Shared file with you Renewal Policies
May 11, 2020: Cypress Proposal (this is a credential harvester, do not open)
May 8, 2020: Audio: :Message Received on 7 May, 2020
May 6, 2020: <Name> Audio Ref: 9872 on 5/5/2020
May 5, 2020: Task (Use extreme caution when opening an email with this subject line, it is usually a spear phishing attempt - ensure you verify the sender's email address)
June 26, 2020: NETGEAR Security Advisory
June 26, 2020: Apache Security Advisory
June 26, 2020: IBM Security Advisory
June 26, 2020: Palo Alto Networks Security Advisory
June 26, 2020: NVIDIA Security Advisory
June 26, 2020: [Control Systems] Philips Security Advisory
June 26, 2020: [Control Systems] Rockwell Automation Security Advisory
June 26, 2020: [Control Systems] Rockwell Automation Security Advisory[