Are you interested in professional development?
As a cybersecurity professional you get the opportunity to work in a constantly evolving environment, dealing with technologies and systems that go on to serve millions and millions of users. This ever changing threat landscape that security professionals work in requires them to have a broad skill set and continually improve their abilities.
On this page we outline some tips to help you continue your professional development and become an asset to your cybersecurity team.
What does professional development for a security professional look like?
The role of a cyber security professional requires a diverse set of skills, because of this there are many different professional training resources that can be utilized. CyberSecurity professionals looking to improve their skills may pursue training in a few key areas
- A solid grounding in IT fundamentals (web applications, system administration)
- Coding skills (C, C++, Java, Python,html, and more)
- Understanding architecture, administration and operating systems
- Technical Certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, and more)
- Soft Skills (oral, written communication, leadership, negotiation)
Below we will explore resources to improve this skills.
Professional development resources
1. Jump start your security career
The Jump start your security career page provides information for individuals who have ever been interested in a security career. It provides tools and resources to learn more about the field and also where to acquire the knowledge to become an asset for any security organization.
2. Communications for security professionals
The Communications for security professionals page provides a short video and informational series on the 6 key areas of communication. If you have ever been interested in improving your communication or soft skills this page will assist.
*This page is coming soon