The conformance standards for developing interfaces to the ministry's health information exchange (HIE) services include:
- Business rules
- Application enforced rules
- Training development and delivery
- Privacy and security rules
- Message specifications and transport protocols
BC Conformance Standards v3.1
The following matrix provides the conformance packages for each domain:
|Domain||Client Registry (ZIP, 14.9MB)||PharmaNet (ZIP, 14.6MB)||Provider & Location Registry (ZIP, 15.6MB)||Provincial Lab Information Solution (ZIP, 22.2MB)|
|Privacy & Security:|
|Application Enforced Rules:|
Conformance Standards Description
Provides an overview of HIE with ministry systems; outlines the content of the conformance volume set; and explains the processes and requirements for organizations to access ministry health information exchange services.
Describes the information privacy and security rules that apply to all software solution providers.
Describes the information privacy and security rules that apply to end users accessing PharmaNet from a location outside a PharmaNet site, and the requirements of their organizations and their PharmaNet software vendors.
Note: End users accessing remotely under this policy must be enrolled in PRIME. Remote access is explicitly prohibited under ComPAP and MPAP agreements; this policy does not apply to PharmaNet access provided under ComPAP or MPAP.
Volume 3 – Business Rules:
Volume 3A describes the general business, privacy, and security rules that apply to all points of service (POS) accessing and exchanging health information with the Ministry.
Each domain has its own volume of business rules:
- Volume 3A – General (PDF, 460KB)
- Volume 3B – Client Registry (PDF, 374KB)
- Volume 3C – PharmaNet (PDF, 915KB)
- Volume 3D – Provider and Location Registry (PDF, 304KB)
- Volume 3E – Provincial Laboratory Information Solution (PDF, 406KB)
Volume 4 – Application Enforced Rules:
Volume 4A describes the general rules and controls required of applications interfacing to the ministry’s HIE services.
Each domain also has its own volume of application rules:
- Volume 4A – General (PDF, 218KB)
- Volume 4B – Client Registry (PDF, 477KB)
- Volume 4C – PharmaNet (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Volume 4D – Provider and Location Registry (PDF, 338KB)
- Volume 4E – Provincial Laboratory Information Solution (PDF, 666KB)
Volume 5 – Transport Protocols:
Volume 5 provides an overview of the technical mechanisms by which POS systems can connect to ministry HIE services.
Each protocol has its own set of standards and message specifications:
Defines each key term, acronym, and abbreviation that is included in the BC Professional and Software Conformance Standards for Electronic Health Information Exchange.