Education Leadership Development
Research has shown clearly that effective educational leadership is critical to the success of students.
The Ministry of Education and Child Care, BC School Trustees Association, BC Principals’ and Vice Principals’ Association, BC School Superintendents Association, Federation of Independent School Associations BC, and BC Association of School Business Officials have collaborated to create a provincial Leadership Development Framework (PDF, 6.7MB) that details specific challenges for educational leadership and lays out a path forward.
Leadership Development Funding 2017-2019
- 2018/19 leadership development funding news release
- 2017/18 leadership development funding news release
In phase two of the leadership development program, the B.C. Government is providing sector partners with funding for leadership development programs focused on increasing student success, including:
- Training and mentorship for new school and district leaders
- Increased financial training for district leaders
- Additional training in B.C.’s new curriculum and supporting Indigenous education
- Managing the training of new leaders who are replacing retirees
- Recruitment, training and mentoring supports for new Indigenous education leaders