Framework for Enhancing Student Learning
B.C.’s Framework for Enhancing Student Learning reflects a public commitment by education partners to work together to continuously improve student learning. They commit to addressing long-standing differences in performance among particular groups of students. These includes Indigenous students, children in care and students with special needs.
This set of principles guides the development of the Framework for Enhancing Student Learning, and will be used as an ongoing reference point in its implementation and continuous improvement.
The Framework for Enhancing Student Learning
- Is grounded in the belief that all education partners are responsible for student learning, with each having unique responsibilities
- Creates a system-wide focus on student learning, to ensure each student in B.C. achieves their full potential
- Is meaningful, impactful, flexible, realistic, and sustainable
- Addresses differences in performance among particular groups of students, most notably Indigenous students, children in care and students with special needs
- Is measurable and strength-, support-, evidence- and results-based
- Reflects system-wide commitment to continuous improvement and life-long learning
- Continues to build public confidence in B.C.’s education system
- Focuses on the intellectual, career, and human and social development
- Includes evidence-based strategies for improvement that are measurable and outcome focused