Online learning information for administrators
Online learning increases student access, choice and flexibility for study outside of classroom schedules.
Information for students and parents. Learn about program or course options and find out how to sign up. Get information for students and parents.
What to expect during the 2021/22 school year
As improvements to K to 12 online learning are being made, students can continue to enrol in online learning programs for the 2021/22 school year just like they normally would.
Last updated: June 28, 2021
The following resources will help guide standards, responsibilities and program delivery for online learning in the interim 2021/22 school year.
- Standards for K-12 Online Learning in B.C. (PDF, 429.2KB)
- Standards for Online Learning Content in B.C. (PDF, 451.3KB)
- 2021-22 Interim Online Learning Agreement for School Districts (PDF, 149.3KB)
- 2021-22 Interim Online Learning Agreement for Independent Schools (PDF, 189.7KB)
- Schedule A Sample - Standards for Delivery of K-12 Independent School Online Learning in British Columbia (PDF, 306.4KB)
- Third Party Services and Resources – Guidelines for Independent School Authorities Operating an Online Learning Program (PDF, 224.8KB)
Interim online learning policies for the 2021/22 school year.
- Active participation
- B.C. residency
- Homeschooling options
- Independent schools
- Students with special needs