Safe & Healthy Schools
B.C. schools work to develop positive and welcoming cultures and are committed to providing good environments for learning.
Schools work to prevent problems through community building, fostering respect, inclusion, fairness and equity. Each school:
- Sets, communicates and reinforces clear expectations of acceptable conduct
- Teaches, models and encourages socially responsible behaviour
- Works to solve problems peacefully
- Places high value on diversity and defending human rights
- Guidelines for maintaining order on school property
- Plan for recovering from all types of emergencies
- Coordinating student safety during a catastrophic earthquake (PDF)
Handling Medical Conditions, Reactions & Pandemics
Ensure student safety by working with parents and guardians to tailor plans for students with specific medical needs. Also find out how to recognize key symptoms and learn what to do in an emergency.
Selling Food and Drink
Utilizing the mandated policies in place helps maximize the nutritional daily standards for students. Find out how to offer healthy food and drink options for selling or vending at your school.