District/Authority Scholarships Allocation & Reporting
District/Authority Scholarships are no longer called “Dogwood Awards”. Please update your communications materials.
District/Authority Scholarships recognize graduating B.C. students for excellence in their chosen area of interest or strength. The Ministry has allocated 5,500 scholarships pro-rated to school districts and independent school authorities based on their September 30 Grade 12 enrolments.
Criteria for awarding District/Authority Scholarship recipients are determined by local scholarship committees, with some general direction provided by the Ministry of Education’s guidelines.
Reporting 2018-2019 District/Authority Winners
To report winners for the 2018-2019 school year, District/Authority Scholarship Coordinators can follow these steps:
- Download the 2018-2019 District/Authority Allocation Report (XLSX) template
- Email Scholarships@gov.bc.ca to obtain the template password
- Confirm the number of awards allocated to your district
- Enter your list of winners, and all requested details, into the template
- Submit your completed, password protected template back to the Scholarships@gov.bc.ca by June 30, 2019
- Provide a copy of the Conditional Winner Notification (PDF) letter to your winners
Note: The template is blank, but password protected to enable districts to securely submit their detailed lists of winners to Scholarships@gov.bc.ca. Please do not email student information in a spreadsheet that is not password protected.
- All report columns are mandatory. Missing information may cause a delay in awarding the voucher to the student
- Do not add additional rows or columns. Social Insurance Numbers are no longer required in the report
- To avoid delays in awarding vouchers, confirm all winners meet basic eligibility (to meet Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status, student must have ‘C’ status in TRAX)
- For any special circumstances, please contact Scholarships@gov.bc.ca prior to the June 30 deadline
- Winners are not confirmed until the Ministry establishes that eligibility requirements have been met after August 31, 2019
- Winners will be notified, and vouchers will be issued by the Ministry in October 2019
- Winners can also view whether a voucher has been issued by logging into the StudentTranscriptService
- Winners will receive their cheques after they have returned their verified voucher or supporting documents to the Ministry for redemption