2019/2020 District/Authority Scholarships Allocation & Reporting
District/Authority Scholarships recognize graduating B.C. students for excellence in their chosen area of interest or strength. The Ministry has allocated 5,500 scholarships pro-rated to school districts and independent school authorities based on their September 30 Grade 12 enrolments.
Criteria for awarding District/Authority Scholarship recipients are determined by local scholarship committees, with basic eligibility criteria and general guidelines provided by the Ministry of Education.
- 2019-2020 District/Authority Scholarship Guidelines (PDF)
- 2019-2020 District / Authority Scholarship Sample Application Package (PDF)
Reporting 2019-2020 District/Authority Winners
To report winners for the 2019-2020 school year, District/Authority Scholarship Coordinators can follow these steps:
- Download the 2019 to 2020 District/Authority Allocation Report (XLSX) template
- Email Scholarships@gov.bc.ca to obtain the template password
- Confirm the number of awards allocated to your district
- Enter your list of winners, and all requested details, into the template
- Submit your completed, password protected template back to the Scholarships@gov.bc.ca. The annual deadline is June 30th; however, this year the ministry will accept reports until July 15, 2020
- Provide a copy of the Conditional Winner Notification (PDF) letter to your winners
Note: The template is blank, but password protected to enable districts to securely submit their detailed lists of winners to Scholarships@gov.bc.ca. Please do not email student information in a spreadsheet that is not password protected.
- District/Authority Scholarships are no longer called "Dogwood Awards". Please update your communications
- All report columns are mandatory. Missing information may cause a delay in awarding the voucher to the student
- Do not add additional rows or columns. Social Insurance Numbers are no longer required in the report
- To avoid delays in awarding vouchers, confirm all winners meet all eligibility requirements
(note: Canadian citizens and permanent residents must be reported with a "C" indicator in SIS extracts to TRAX. Blank or incorrect entries will result in ineligibility)
- For any special circumstances, please contact Scholarships@gov.bc.ca prior to the June 30 deadline
- Winners are not confirmed until the Ministry establishes that eligibility requirements have been met after August 31, 2020
- Winners will be notified, and vouchers will be issued by the Ministry in October 2020
- Winners can also view whether a voucher has been issued by logging into the StudentTranscriptService
- Winners will receive their cheques after they have returned their verified voucher or supporting documents to the Ministry for redemption
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Scholarships@gov.bc.ca.