Soda Creek - Macalister Road
Closed. A landslide that occurred in 2020 remains active and the road is unsafe for public travel through the slide area.
- Landslide is located on Soda Creek - Macalister Road, approximately 45 km north of Williams Lake
- The road is closed at the slide area as slide activity is continuing
- As this is a loop road, residents on either side of the slide area have access to Highway 97
- Conceptual design including repairs and alternate alignments, geotechnical and hydrotechnical investigations, aerial LiDAR surveys, climate-resilience and environmental reviews is underway
- Geotechnical investigations are ongoing including aerial LiDAR surveys and ground movement monitoring