Closed. A landslide during the 2021 freshet caused complete loss of the road.
- Quesnel-Hixon Road, located approximately 21 km north of Quesnel
- The slide area remains active and unsafe for through travel by the public
- Conceptual design including repairs and alternate alignments, geotechnical and hydrotechnical investigations, aerial LiDAR surveys, climate-resilience and environmental reviews is underway
- Geotechnical monitoring and evaluation of the slide area is also underway, including monthly aerial LiDAR surveys, scarp flagging, and visual inspection
- Construction of vehicle turn-arounds in advance of the closure points is underway