Highway 97 at Cuisson Creek
Open. Multiple landslides in 2021 are continuing to pose a risk of erosion which will affect Highway 97 if left unaddressed.
- Highway 97 at Cuisson Creek, located approximately 46 km south of Quesnel
- Although erosion is continuing, Highway 97 is open, and travel is safe through the slide areas
- The crest of the erosion is approximately 10 metres from the highway shoulder
- Conceptual design including repairs and alternate alignments, geotechnical and hydrotechnical investigations, aerial LiDAR surveys, climate-resilience and environmental reviews is underway
- Geotechnical investigations are ongoing including aerial LiDAR surveys and ground movement monitoring