Building Code Appeal Board Decisions
Building Code Appeal Board (BCAB) decisions are available online for review. Each decision of the board has a unique number. The higher the number, the more recent the decision.
- Appeal 1846 Determination of Grade, June 18, 2020
- Appeal 1845 Spatial Separation Calculations for Houses, May 1, 2020
- Appeal 1844 Doors in Exit Shafts for High Buildings, May 5, 2020
- Appeal 1843 Dead-end Corridor, Elevator Lobby, June 24, 2020
- Appeal 1842 Alternative Solution for Determination of Grade, March 19, 2020
- Appeal 1841 Dwelling Unit/Suite Definition, March 19, 2020
- Appeal 1840 Occupancy Classification of a Flour Mil, February 20, 2020
- Appeal 1839 Withdrawn
- Appeal 1838 Withdrawn
- Appeal 1837 Determining Limiting Distance - December 31, 2019
- Appeal 1836 Protection of Fire Separations from Potential Damage, December 19, 2019
- Appeal 1835 Application of Table 18.104.22.168.A for Required Number of Water Closets, December 19, 2019
- Appeal 1834 Occupancy Classification, November 21, 2019
- Appeal 1833 Determination of Subsidiary or Major Occupancy, September 19, 2019
- Appeal 1832 Withdrawn
- Appeal 1831 Required Washrooms, August 29, 2019
- Appeal 1830 Exterior Guards, September 9, 2019
- Appeal 1829 Public Corridor, June 20, 2019
- Appeal 1826 Exit Stairway Receptacles, June 20, 2019
Decisions Search Tool
The decision search tool allows you to search all decisions, past and recent.
- The search tool lets you use any keyword to search for relevant decisions
- Examples of keywords include
- the BCAB decision number, such as 1780 or 1526 or 1368
- a term related to what you’re looking for, such as mezzanine or plumbing or occupancy
- To search exact terms, use "double quotes" around the word or phrase, such as "letters of assurance"
- After doing a search, the results can be further filtered by code edition, code division (A, B or C) or code reference (Parts 1 to 10)
- For example, to limit the search results to just those for the 2012 edition of the building code, click on the ‘2012’ facet - you'll then see a circle with an X through it, indicating the results are now limited to just those for the 2012 code, to remove the facet filter and display all of the original results, click on the circle with the X
- Numerical references in previous codes might be different than today
- The search tool uses the code reference number used in the previous codes plus the current code reference
The content on this page was updated by the Province of British Columbia on June 19, 2020.