Limited Entry Hunting (LEH)
2021 Special Mountain Sheep draw is now closed for applications.
The deadline for applications was 11:59:59 pm September 25, 2020. Check back here for an announcement when the draw has been run.
Due to the unknowns surround COVID-19, applicants must take into consideration the following:
- The possibility that the Province may move back to more restrictive health orders and/or recommendations that may limit travel and access to hunts
- The policy of the Ministry is to not provide refunds should you not be able to partake in your hunt opportunity due to restrictions in place to protect the health and safety of British Columbians
- Only some FrontCounter BC offices are now open, with restrictions. Check individual offices for opening information before visiting.
- Some retail vendor locations may be closed. Call ahead to confirm.
- Please see the instructions for help submitting applications (PDF, 476 KB)
- Support for submitting applications online is available through FrontCounter BC at 1-877-855-3222
The 2020 Fall Limited Entry Hunting Draw has been run.
You may check the results of the draw by signing in to BC Hunting online, or by contacting the FrontCounter BC contact centre at 1-877-855-3222.
Limited entry hunting authorizations will not be mailed to successful applicants. You do not need to carry your limited entry hunting authorization while hunting. You are required to carry and complete upon harvest your Harvest Report for shared limited entry hunting.
Below are important messages for ONLY THOSE who have won an LEH authorization. Clicking on a link below does not mean you have won an LEH authorization, and is not authorizing you to hunt in these areas. Hunters must sign in to BC Hunting online or contact FrontCounter BC to check their results.
- All hunters must adhere to Provincial Health Officer’s (PHO) orders and are asked to follow PHO guidelines;
- Please respect travel restrictions to indigenous and non-indigenous communities and check with local communities before you go hunting;
- New actions or requirements may be implemented at any time in response to health, safety or conservation concerns.
- It is the policy of the Ministry not to provide refunds should you not be able to partake in your hunt opportunity due to restrictions in place to protect the health and safety of British Columbians
|Hunt Codes||Important Notices|
|All Bison hunt codes||Bison all hunts (PDF, 237 KB)|
|2001 to 2028||Elk on Vancouver island, antlerless PDF, 557 KB)|
|2188, 2189, 2193, 2195, 2196||Elk in LEH hunt areas 720, 721, 735, 745, 746, antlerless (PDF, 1 MB)|
|2199, 2200||Elk in LEH hunt area 804 Zone A (PDF, 89 KB)|
|4160 to 4162||Moose in LEH hunt area 504 Zone A (PDF, 552 KB)|
|4163 to 4168||Moose in LEH hunt areas 505, 504 Zone B (PDF, 516 KB)|
|5030||Mountain goat in LEH hunt area 416 Zone B (PDF, 477 KB)|
|5092, 5093, 5095||Mountain goat in LEH hunt areas 504 Zones B, E and H (PDF, 475 KB)|
|5094, 5096||Mountain goat in LEH hunt areas 504 Zones F and J (PDF, 483 KB)|
|6036 to 6040||Mountain sheep in Region 8 (PDF, 134 KB)|
|7043, 7044||Mule Deer in LEH hunt areas 504 and 505 (PDF, 480 KB)|
|7071, 7072, 7076, 7077, 7078||Mule Deer in LEH hunt areas 720, 721, 735, 745, 746, antlerless (PDF, 1 MB)|
The 2020 spring limited entry hunting draw has been run.
You may check the result of the draw by signing in to BC Hunting Online, visiting a FrontCounter BC or Service BC office, or by contacting the FrontCounter BC contact centre at 1-877-855-3222.
About Limited Entry Hunting
There are two types of hunting seasons available to licensed hunters in British Columbia: general open seasons (GOS) and limited entry hunting (LEH). General open seasons are open to all licensed hunters, and harvest is managed through season length, restrictions on class of animal and bag limits.
Limited entry hunting gives wildlife managers the ability to more closely control the number of hunters that can hunt a species, or class of species, in a specific area and during a specific time, and is generally in place when additional control, beyond what is feasible through a GOS, is required. The province has substantial hunting opportunities through both GOS and LEH, and the use of each system provides a balance of hunting opportunities in the best interest of the public and the resource.
LEH draws are random. The previous year's odds are published beside each hunt to give an indication of the likelihood of a successful application, but this is not a guarantee of success.
Successful applicants have their chances reduced in subsequent draws in order to improve the chances of those who have been unsuccessful.
Important: For shared hunts only, hunters are required to carry a paper Record of Harvest form while hunting. The Record of Harvest form is on the bottom part of the shared limited entry hunting authorization. Your shared limited entry hunting authorization is available online in your Fish and Wildlife profile. You can request a copy of your limited entry hunting authorization, which contains your Record of Harvest form, at a Service BC or FrontCounter BC Office.
All hunters 16 years of age and older are required to carry government picture ID, know their FWID and carry all of their species licences purchased for the current licence year, including both cancelled and uncancelled species licences, while hunting.
For further details about LEH in British Columbia:
- How Limited Entry Hunting Works (PDF, 127KB)
- Important information about LEH online applications
- Applying for Group/Shared hunts
- If you receive an LEH authorization, please click here to review the appropriate Zone Map
It's important to review LEH applications to ensure they are correct, prior to completing your purchase. LEH applications are non-refundable and non-transferable. Refunds won't be issued if you applied for the wrong LEH hunts. If you have submitted your LEH application, and you would like to change the hunts you have applied for, you may void your application and re-apply for the same species. You will be required to pay for the new application. This option is only available if the application period is still open.