Limited Entry Hunting (LEH)

The 2019 Fall Limited Entry Hunting Draw is now open for applications.

The deadline for applications is 11:59:59 pm May 31, 2019.

Please note the tentative number of authorizations for Moose in the Cariboo region have not been determined.  In lieu of having tentative numbers for 2019, the final number of authorizations from 2018 have been entered on the LEH application page in the BC Hunting online service. The tentative number of authorizations for Moose in the Cariboo region will be updated once they are finalized.

Need help with renewing your B.C. Resident Credential?  See the Step By Step guide here.

About Limited Entry Hunting 

There are two types of hunting seasons available to licensed hunters in British Columbia: general open seasons (GOS) and limited entry hunting (LEH). General open seasons are open to all licensed hunters, and harvest is managed through season length, restrictions on class of animal and bag limits.

Limited entry hunting gives wildlife managers the ability to more closely control the number of hunters that can hunt a species, or class of species, in a specific area and during a specific time, and is generally in place when additional control, beyond what is feasible through a GOS, is required. The province has substantial hunting opportunities through both GOS and LEH, and the use of each system provides a balance of hunting opportunities in the best interest of the public and the resource. 

LEH draws are random. The previous year's odds are published beside each hunt to give an indication of the likelihood of a successful application, but this is not a guarantee of success.

Successful applicants have their chances reduced in subsequent draws in order to improve the chances of those who have been unsuccessful.

Important:  For shared hunts only, hunters are required to carry a paper Record of Harvest form while hunting.  The Record of Harvest form is on the bottom part of the shared limited entry hunting authorization.  Your shared limited entry hunting authorization is available online in your Fish and Wildlife profile.  You can request a copy of your limited entry hunting authorization, which contains your Record of Harvest form, at a Service BC or FrontCounter BC Office.

All hunters 16 years of age and older are required to carry government picture ID, know their FWID and carry all of their species licences purchased for the current licence year, ​including both cancelled and uncancelled species licences, while hunting.

For further details about LEH in British Columbia:

Need Help With the BC Hunting Online System?

Please click here for About BC Hunting Online.

Step-by-Step Instructions

Please click here for Step-by-Step Instructions and Quick Reference Guides