Information for device providers
Last updated: January 1, 2023
This page links to the information most needed by device providers enrolled in PharmaCare.
- Diabetes product PINs, including needles and syringes, blood glucose test strips, insulin pumps, supplies, and approved vendors
- Blood glucose test strip and Special Authority criteria and forms
- PharmaCare Claims for Insulin Pump Vendors—Quick Reference Guide (PDF, 1.26MB)
The Ostomy PINs lists the ostomy supplies PINs eligible for coverage for patients who have undergone ostomy surgery and require an external pouch. Actual coverage is subject to the rules of the patient's PharmaCare plan, including any deductible requirements.
Note: PharmaCare covers certain ostomy supplies for First Nations Health Authority clients under Plan W. The Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) program may still cover some supplies not eligible under Plan W which may require NIHB prior authorization.
On October 8, 2021, PharmaCare increased reimbursement fees for:
- Prostheses for limbs, such as arms and legs
- Non-limb prostheses, such as eyes, ears and noses
- Orthoses for children and youth
- HLTH 5400 - Orthotic Benefits: Application for Financial Assistance (PDF, 671KB)
- HLTH 5450 - Orthotic Benefits: Plagiocephaly Helmet (PDF, 529KB)
- HLTH 5402 - Prosthetic Benefits: Application for Financial Assistance (PDF, 690KB)
- HLTH 5404 - Prosthetic Benefits (Non-Limb): Application for Financial Assistance (PDF, 683KB)
- HLTH 5418 - Offloading Orthotic Benefits Application for Financial Assistance (PDF, 2.2MB)
- HLTH 5467 - PharmaCare Eligibility: Awards and Settlements (PDF, 521KB)
- Prosthetic and Orthotic PINs (device only), including mastectomy and ocular products and allowable repairs and adjustments
- Girling Formula for Prosthetic and Orthotic Devices (PDF, 151KB)
- PINs and Reimbursement Schedule for Mastectomy Supplies
- PINs and Reimbursement Schedule for Non-Limb Prostheses
- PINs and Reimbursement Schedule for Offloading Devices
- PINs and Reimbursement Schedule for Orthoses
- Reimbursement Schedule for Definitive Sockets
- Reimbursement Schedule for Osseointegration Components
- Reimbursement Schedule for Prosthetic and Orthotic Services and Supplies
- About PharmaNet
- Medical Device Distributors (MDD) Online Claims Access to PharmaNet allows authorized Medical Device Distributors to connect to PharmaNet to submit online claims for eligible products such as insulin pumps and insulin pump supplies. Medical Device Distributors must use approved secure software to connect to PharmaNet. They are not able to access a patient’s medication history. For information on requesting access to this service, visit the Data Access Services page.
- Medical Device Distributor Claims Access to PharmaNet—Policies & Procedures (PDF, 3.3MB)
The Provider Regulation ("the Regulation") under the Pharmaceutical Services Act ("the Act") came into force on December 1, 2014. The Regulation sets out new enrolment criteria for pharmacies, facilities, and other places where drugs, devices, substances or related services are provided ("sites"). It also sets out the commercial terms for the Province of British Columbia's relationship with enrolled providers.
Enrollment documents as of December 1, 2014:
- PharmaCare Provider Enrolment Guide
- HLTH 5432 - PharmaCare Provider Enrolment form (PDF, 604KB)
- HLTH 5432A - Schedule A: Owner Details (PDF, 512KB)
- HLTH 5432B - Schedule B: Additional Sites (PDF, 512KB)
- HLTH 5432C - Schedule C: Additional Information (PDF, 497KB)
- HLTH 5433 - PharmaCare Provider Change form (PDF, 735KB)
To save a PDF form with the information you have entered onscreen:
- Download the form to your computer (right-click and "Save as" or "Download").
- Open your form with Adobe Reader (File > Open).
- Enter your information and save the file to your computer.
Adobe Reader is available as a free download from http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
Providers enrolled in PharmaCare must subscribe to the PharmaCare Newsletter for important policy updates. Enter your email in the subscription box on the right side of the PharmaCare Newsletter web page.