Information for Device Providers
- Diabetes product PINs, including needles and syringes, blood glucose test strips, insulin pumps, supplies, and approved vendors
- Blood glucose test strip and Special Authority criteria and forms
- PharmaCare Claims for Insulin Pump Vendors—Quick Reference Guide (PDF, 1.26MB)
Applications for Financial Assistance:
- Orthotic Benefits (HLTH 5400)(PDF, 716KB)
- Orthotic Benefits—Plagiocephaly Helmet(HLTH 5450)(PDF, 529KB)
- Prosthetic Benefits (HLTH 5402)(PDF, 690KB)
- Prosthetic Benefits—Non-Limb (HLTH 5404)(PDF, 683KB)
Reimbursement schedules and PINs
- Prosthetic procedures (PDF, 155KB)
- Definitive sockets (PDF, 142KB)
- Mastectomy (PDF, 102KB)
- Non-limb prostheses (PDF,102KB)
- Osseointegration(PDF, 39KB)
- Orthoses (PDF, 170KB)
- Prosthetics and orthotics (device only), including mastectomy and ocular products and allowable repairs and adjustments
The PDF below lists the PINs for ostomy supplies eligible for coverage for patients who have undergone ostomy surgery and require an external pouch. Actual coverage is subject to the rules of the patient's PharmaCare plan, including any deductible requirements.
Note: PharmaCare covers certain ostomy supplies for First Nations Health Authority clients under Plan W (see list below). The Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) program may still cover some supplies not eligible under Plan W which may require NIHB prior authorization.
- About PharmaNet
- Medical Device Distributors (MDD) Online Claims Access to PharmaNet allows authorized Medical Device Distributors to connect to PharmaNet to submit online claims for eligible products such as insulin pumps and insulin pump supplies. Medical Device Distributors must use approved secure software to connect to PharmaNet. They are not able to access a patient’s medication history. For information on requesting access to this service, visit the Data Access Services page.
- Medical Device Distributor Claims Access to PharmaNet—Policies & Procedures (PDF, 3.3MB)
- Reimbursement Schedule for Definitive Sockets (PDF, 139KB)
- Reimbursement Schedule for Prosthetic Procedures (PDF, 155KB)
- Reimbursement Schedule for Osseointegration (PDF, 38KB)
- Mastectomy PINs and Reimbursement Schedule (PDF, 102KB)
- Non-Limb Prostheses PINs and Reimbursement Schedule (PDF, 102KB)
- Orthoses PINs and Reimbursement Schedule (PDF, 169KB)
The Provider Regulation ("the Regulation") under the Pharmaceutical Services Act ("the Act") came into force on December 1, 2014. The Regulation sets out new enrolment criteria for pharmacies, facilities, and other places where drugs, devices, substances or related services are provided ("sites"). It also sets out the commercial terms for the Province of British Columbia's relationship with enrolled providers.
Enrollment documents as of December 1, 2014:
- PharmaCare Provider Enrolment Guide (PDF, 312KB)
- PharmaCare Provider Enrolment form (HLTH 5432) (PDF, 604KB)
- Schedule A (HLTH 5432A) - Owner Details (PDF, 512KB)
- Schedule B (HLTH 5432B) - Additional Sites (PDF, 512KB)
- Schedule C (HLTH 5432C) - Additional Information (PDF, 497KB)
- PharmaCare Provider Change form (HLTH 5433) (PDF, 735KB)
To save a PDF form with the information you have entered onscreen:
- Download the form to your computer (Right-click and "save as" or "download").
- Open your form with Adobe Reader 11 (File > Open).
- Enter your information and save the file to your computer.
Adobe Reader 11 is available as a free download from http://get.adobe.com/reader/.