PharmaCare has many publications for patients and health practitioners.
See our patient Information sheets to learn about Fair PharmaCare, the Prosthetics and Orthotics Program, the BC Palliative Care Benefits Program and many other topics.
The PharmaCare Newsletter is published regularly and includes important policy updates, new drug listings, and other essential information.
Essential to the PharmaCare program:
- Pharmaceutical Services Act (PDF)
- Drug Price Regulation (PDF)
- Provider Regulation (PDF)
- Drug Plans Regulation (PDF)
- Information Management Regulation (PDF)
- BC Smoking Cessation Program: Evaluation of the Nicotine Replacement Component (PDF, 278KB)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Drug Therapy Review Reports
- Alzheimers' Drug Therapy Review Reports for the Drug Benefit Council (DBC)
- Evaluation reports of the Collaboration for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE) at the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia (www.core.ubc.ca):
- Report of the Pharmaceutical Task Force—April 2008 (PDF, 3.8MB)
- Activity Based Costing Study Report—January 2007 (PDF, 1.6MB)
- PharmaCare Trends 2018/19 (PDF, 601KB)
- PharmaCare Trends 2017/18 (PDF, 581KB)
- PharmaCare Trends 2016/17 (PDF, 580KB)
- PharmaCare Trends 2015/16 (PDF, 591KB)
- PharmaCare Trends 2014/15 (PDF, 1.5MB)
- PharmaCare Trends 2013/14 (PDF, 2.8MB)
- PharmaCare Trends 2012/13 (PDF, 2.5MB)
- PharmaCare Trends 2011/12 (PDF, 2.5MB)
- PharmaCare Trends 2010/11 (PDF, 552KB)
- PharmaCare Trends 2009/10 (PDF, 773KB)
- PharmaCare Trends 2007/08 (PDF, 590KB))
- Pharmaceutical Services Division Annual Performance Report 2006 (PDF, 2.0MB)
- PharmaCare Annual Performance Report 2005 (PDF, 1.5MB)
The RDP was modernized in December 2016 with the addition of three categories and the revision of three existing categories.
View the RDP Modernization information kit online:
- Guide to the Modernized RDP (PDF)
- Modernized RDP Poster (PDF)—list of categories and drugs
- Decision Trees for Switching Drugs:
- Patient Information Sheet (PDF)
Data from the Modernized Reference Drug Program is now available, and will be published at regular intervals.