Training Programs - For Training Providers
The Training Program Recognition policy, describes the Emergency Medical Assistants Licensing Board’s authority to recognize training programs and the process by which the board will exercise that authority.
Training Program Recognition for Training Providers
The Emergency Medical Assistants Licensing Board reviews and recognizes training programs. In order for an applicant to be eligible for a licence, they are required to complete a training program recognized by the Board.
Training Program Recognition Process
Training institutions applying for the Board’s recognition for any training program are required to submit the training recognition application package (Word, 395 KB) to the branch for review and recommendation. Programs are initially recognized for a maximum of two years and program renewals for a maximum of five years.
Types of recognition include:
- Programs for a category of licence, initial and renewal
- Schedule 2 endorsement programs
- Schedule 1 gap training programs
A training program application package includes the following five sections:
- Registration Form – agency and program information
- Program Recognition Submission – program content, educational resource information, program medical references and resources
- Requirements Checklist
- Renewal Requirements – renewal requirements if applicable
To have your training program reviewed please complete a copy of the Training Program Application Package (Word, 395 KB).
Training Program Change Process:
Training institutions making any of the following changes to a program currently recognized by the Emergency Medical Assistants Licensing Board are required to submit the Program Change Application (Word, 274 KB) to the branch for review and recommendation:
- A significant (up to 25%) change to the medical content of a program. Changes in excess of 25% of total medical content require the submission of the entire Training Program Recognition Application. Change in intellectual property licensing agreement.
- Change in medical oversight.
- Change in training institution ownership.
- Change training institution location and/or course delivery mechanism.
- Change to subcontractor agreement(s).
- Change in clinical placement or preceptorship agreement.
Scope of Practice Expansion Training Applications
Gap Training Result Rosters
Once your students have completed the restriction removal or endorsement addition training, please complete and submit the a roster for the licence category to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are submitting the roster, then certificates are not required to request the restriction removal or endorsement addition however a certificate must be supplied to the student.