Corrections reports and publications
For more information about who BC Corrections is and what we do, see:
BC Corrections Directions Magazine explores the entire spectrum of our mandate as seen through the eyes of the individuals under our care and supervision. The magazine offers a glimpse of what it’s like to move through the system and showcases the unique, varied and excellent work done every day by our staff across the province – in correctional centres and the community, and by those who develop and evaluate our programs and policies.
Review of arrangement between Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and BC Corrections
In July 2022, BC Corrections completed a review of its arrangement with CBSA on holding immigration detainees in provincial correctional centres.
The review examined all aspects of the arrangement with input and engagement from multiple external stakeholders and advocacy groups.
- Review of the Arrangement Between Canada Border Services Agency and BC Corrections – HTML Version
- Review of the Arrangement Between Canada Border Services Agency and BC Corrections – PDF Version (406 KB)
- News release – Minister’s statement on ending immigration detention arrangement with CBSA.
Standing against violence
In December 2014, the Parliamentary Secretary for Corrections completed a safety review of BC Corrections, Standing Against Violence. The review made 20 recommendations to improve staff and inmate safety in B.C.'s corrections system.
Technical Assessment of Electronic Supervision
Sierra Systems' technical assessment provides:
- Best practices in electronic supervision
- An overview of the latest technology used in some North American jurisdictions
- Options for the future of electronic supervision in B.C.