Contact BC Corrections
Toll-free service line: 1-888-952-7968
Call BC Corrections’ toll-free service line:
- For urgent, emergency situations (for example, impacts to life or safety)
- If you are looking for someone who may be in provincial custody (see Privacy below)
- If you are legal counsel wanting to establish a privileged phone line
- If you are a police officer or investigator looking for information
- If you have a general inquiry and want to be directed to someone at BC Corrections headquarters
If you are a member of the media, contact Government Communications and Public Engagement at 250-213-3602.
Communicate with an individual in provincial custody
Pass a message
Staff can pass a message to an individual if they are in custody.
Due to privacy laws, BC Corrections can't (does not have the authority to):
- confirm or deny if an individual is in custody
- confirm if the individual received your message
- compel (make) an individual to return a message
Book a visit
Before you book a visit with an individual in provincial custody, see Correctional centre visiting policy.
Write a letter
Before you write a letter to an individual in provincial custody, see BC Corrections mail policy.
Leave a voicemail or receive a collect call
Individuals in custody can't receive incoming calls from their living units. They can only make outgoing phone calls.
But, you can set up a phone service account through a third party phone service to:
- Receive collect calls from someone in custody at a reduced rate
- Leave a voicemail for someone in custody
You can also call 1-844-369-7776 to leave a voicemail for someone in custody, using their mailbox ID number.
Through the third-party phone service provider "Synergy" you can set up a phone service account online.
Have your PIN ready. Your PIN is the Correctional Service (CS) number of the individual in custody.
For help with setting up an account or for more information, contact Synergy customer service.
Transfer money to an individual in provincial custody
To transfer money to an individual in custody:
- Set up a (prepaid) account through a third-party service provider
- Send a money transfer at a post office
- Send a money transfer online
Contact a correctional centre
For the phone numbers and mailing addresses of our 10 correctional centres, see Correctional Centre Directory.
Contact a Community Corrections office
For the phone numbers and mailing addresses of our 56 community offices, see Community Corrections Office Directory.