B.C. Oyster Recovery Fund
The B.C. Oyster Recovery Fund, announced in June 2018, provides short-term relief funds to British Columbia oyster growers for the purchase of oyster seed to support production continuity.
Applications are now closed
The B.C. Oyster Recovery Fund provides current valid British Columbia oyster aquaculture license holders with a grant of 75% of the cost of oyster seed purchased after January 1, 2018, to a maximum of $10,000 per license holder.
The grant offer is limited to current valid British Columbia oyster aquaculture license holders, identified on Fisheries and Oceans Canada’s list of aquaculture license holders .
Applications for the B.C. Oyster Recovery Fund will be accepted until March 31, 2019 or until funding is exhausted.
To apply for the program, please submit the following:
- A completed B.C. Oyster Recovery Fund Application Form (PDF, 469.8 KB)
- Attached proof of payment for the purchase of oyster seed. This may include copies of paid receipts and/or invoices from your oyster seed supplier
- If you have received a handwritten receipt or an invoice that does not state that payment has been made, additional supplementary documentation is required to process your application. Examples of accepted supplementary documentation include any of the following:
- An invoice from your supplier showing a zero dollar balance and payment details
- A copy of your processed cheque(s) provided by your bank (may be submitted in PDF, PNG or JPG file format)
Please submit the completed application form with copies of the paid receipt(s)/invoice(s) via email.