Changing Your Name

When you change your name, you are required to report this change to MSP within 10 days. When you report this change, you will have the option to receive a BC Services Card either with or without your photo under your new name.

Learn more about how to change your name and receive a new BC Services Card.

There is no fee to obtain or replace a BC Services Card. However, if you’re combining your BC Services Card with your driver’s licence, fees that apply to the regular driver’s licence renewal process still apply.

NOTE: If you are covered under a group plan administered by your employer, union or pension office you need to complete a Group Change Request.