Moving Within B.C.
It's important that the Medical Services Plan always has your most current contact information. When you move within British Columbia, you should report your change of address to Health Insurance BC immediately.
The Medicare Protection Act requires individuals to update their address within 10 days of the change; you must provide your former and new addresses.
If you have a driver’s licence or a BC Services Card, you can update your address with ICBC and Health Insurance BC online at the same time.
MSP Account Change Request
If you would like to request an update to your address as well as additional MSP account changes, please use the MSP Account Change Request online form. The MSP Account Change Request form allows MSP Account Holders to request multiple changes and submit supporting documentation to:
- Update their address in B.C.;
- Update/Correct Personal Information for the Account Holder or other Individuals on the Account (Name, Date of Birth, or Gender);
- Add and/or remove a spouse (including Common-law) or children; and
- Update/Confirm status in Canada.
The online form takes about 15 minutes to complete. No login or password is required: the Account Holder’s Personal Health Number (PHN) will be used to verify your account.
If you are covered under a group plan administered by your employer, union or pension office, please do not use this application. Contact your group plan administrator to complete a Group Change Request (PDF, 568KB).
Before you start, make sure that you have documentation to support the requested change. To see supporting documentation that may be required, please go to MSP Account Change FAQs.
Once the form has been submitted, a reference number will be displayed. Please allow 21 days for account change requests to be reviewed and processed. If your request is successful and no additional information is required, your account will be updated. You will receive a letter from HIBC if additional information is required.
- Please use one of these web browsers: Internet Explorer 11 or the latest version of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
- The data you enter will remain locally on the computer or device you are using until you close your browser window. If you close the window you are working in, all data will be lost. To complete this form, you must click the “Submit” button at the end of the process.
- If you use a screen reader or assistive device, please apply using a paper MSP Account Change form (PDF, 570KB).