Service Experience & Digital Delivery
British Columbia offers face-to-face engagement events and digital delivery of websites and social media platforms that enhance the citizen experience with government.
Last updated: July 29, 2020
On this page:
Service design is an emerging way of creating service innovation that extends government’s traditional practices. It relies on direct, behavioural, systemic research with citizens and other stakeholders to understand context and opportunities.
Citizen Engagement provides citizens the opportunity to help shape policy and programs with government. Some tools that are available are:
- View govTogetherBC: the hub for government engagement opportunities in British Columbia
- View the Citizen Engagement Handbook: a guide for BC Public Service staff that are interested in planning a citizen engagement initiative
- Access Citizen Engagement contracted services
The B.C. Government develops and refines its platforms and applications, within the organization and with external partners, to deliver digital products and services that enhance the citizen experience with government.
- Request or renew a web property
- Web Standards
- Web Style Guide
- Developers Hub (DevHub)
- Design System
- Content Development Guide
- Plain Language Guide
- Visual Design Guide
- CMS Lite User's Manual
- Enhanced Search Manual
- Access the GCPE Service Desk (available to BC Public Service staff only)
- Developer Collaboration (BCDevExchange)
The BC Behavioural Insights Group (BC BIG) is a unit in the BC Public Service Agency that applies behavioural science knowledge and methods to address public policy problems.
Lean is a continuous improvement philosophy that empowers employees at all levels to identify problems and create solutions.
LeanBC champions the Lean vision within the public service, leads complex, cross-ministry improvement projects, and provides training, coaching and other supports to ministries with continuous improvement projects.