BC Services Card
The BC Services Card provides access to government services. It replaces the CareCard for access to health care services. The card can be used for access to:
- Medical Services Plan (MSP) benefits
- Services that need a photo ID – like opening a bank account
- Participating government services online
- Your BC Services Card Account
The card is designed to:
- Make it easier for B.C. residents to access provincial government services with just one card
- Keep personal information secure
- Take advantage of modern card technology with advanced security features
- Use ICBC's existing identity proofing and renewal processes to help keep everyone’s personal information more secure and help prevent fraud such as identity theft or misuse of government services
Types of Cards
There are three different types of BC Services Card. The BC Services Card can be combined with a driver’s licence.
Get a BC Services Card
By March 1, 2018, eligible residents of B.C. are expected to renew enrolment in the Medical Services Plan (MSP) and get a BC Services Card.
Secure Access to Services Online
The government of B.C. is working to improve the way we deliver services. This includes providing citizens with access to more programs and services online. The BC Services Card enables citizens to access these government services safely and securely by logging in with your card.
Enhanced security features help protect personal information and prevent fraud. The BC Services Card meets the highest standards for integrity and security. The card was designed using the same security features as the B.C. driver’s licence.
While you may use the card to access different services, your privacy is still protected. For example, a health care provider won't be able to see your driving record, and a police officer or ICBC employee won't have access to your health records.
BC Services Card Account
In your BC Services Card Account you can change your passcode, view devices with your mobile card, manage your email address, manage your login preferences, and view your card activity.