Collection of personal information
Your personal information is collected for the following purposes:
- Applying for a BC Services Card
- Using the BC Services Card mobile app
BC Services Card policies and procedures regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information are governed by sections 26(c), 26(e), 26(h), 32 and 33 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Applying for a BC Services Card
Your personal information may be used for:
- Application for a BC Services Card and its authorized programs
- Enrolment in the Medical Services Plan
- Application for a B.C. Driver's Licence (where applicable)
Personal information is collected – The information that is printed on your BC Services Card is collected and used by the BC Services Card Program to confirm your identity and eligibility to obtain a card.
Medical and driving records are not linked – A health care provider will not be able to access your driving record and a police officer or ICBC employee will not have access to your health records using the card.