Renew or Replace a Card
During the COVID-19 pandemic, you can continue to use your mobile card to access online services up to 270 days past your card's expiry date. Read more
Renew a Card
Before your existing BC Services Card expires, follow the steps on how to get a card.
Do you log in with your BC Services Card to access online services?
Make sure to renew your card before it expires so that:
- Your mobile card will continue to work
- Your passcode will automatically transfer to your new card
Replace a Lost or Stolen Card
The steps to replace a lost or stolen card depend on the type of card.
If you have a Photo BC Services Card or a combined BC Driver's Licence and Services Card:
- Report your missing card by phoning the ICBC driver licensing centre as soon as possible.
(Victoria) 250 978-8300
(Elsewhere in B.C.) 1 800 950-1498
- Replace your card by following the steps on how to get your card
If you have a Non-Photo BC Services Card:
- Call Health Insurance BC as soon as possible to report your missing card.
Replace a Suspended, Seized or Revoked Combined BC Driver’s Licence and Services Card
If your combined BC Driver’s Licence and Services Card is revoked for medical reasons or seized/suspended for other reasons, in an emergency, you will not be denied essential medical services.
As soon as possible, you should: