Workers' Advisers Office

Operating independently of WorkSafeBC, the Workers' Advisers Office provides free advice and assistance to workers and their dependants on disagreements they may have with WorkSafeBC decisions.

When to Contact Us

  1. You receive a decision from WorkSafeBC about a claim for compensation but disagree with it and want advice and assistance on a potential appeal.
  2. WorkSafeBC refused or failed to provide you with a decision on an issue of entitlement under the Workers Compensation Act.
  3. You raised an issue of health and safety in the workplace and your employer took some action, or failed to take some action, that adversely affected your terms of employment or membership in a union.
  4. WorkSafeBC declined to accept your claim for "Prohibited Action" (see 3 and 4 above) under sections 47 and 48 of the Workers Compensation Act.

Contact WorkSafeBC If:

  1. You wish to make a claim for injury or occupational disease.
  2. You wish to complain about the employer's response to a health and safety concern.
  3. You have questions about the status of your claim.
  4. You have questions about why a particular decision was made by WorkSafeBC.
  5. You want WorkSafeBC to make a decision on your claim.
  6. You have general - "what if?" - questions about workers compensation law and/or WorkSafeBC policies.
For information on your claim status please call WorkSafeBC directly at 1 888 967-5377.