The Workers Compensation Act of British Columbia gives workers rights to compensation if they are injured on the job. The Workers' Advisers Office is committed to helping injured workers understand what their rights are, and to assisting those who are having problems in getting the benefits they are entitled to.

The Workers' Advisers do not work for WorkSafeBC, and our services are free.

Need Help? A Worker Adviser can:

  • Help you understand the Workers Compensation Act and WorkSafeBC's policies and procedures
  • Provide you or anyone else who is helping you with information about your claim
  • Help you with a Request for Review at the Review Division or an Appeal at the Workers' Compensation Appeal Tribunal regarding a WorkSafeBC decision
  • In some cases, represent you during a review or an appeal

Start a new inquiry with us if:

  • You would like advice or assistance on a potential appeal
  • WorkSafeBC refused or failed to provide you with a decision on an issue of entitlement under the Workers Compensation Act
  • You received a decision from WorkSafeBC about an injury claim for compensation but disagree with the decision
  • Your employment or membership in a union was terminated from raising a health and safety concern and you are thinking of filing a Prohibited Action Complaint with Worksafe BC
  • WorkSafeBC declined to accept your complaint, form 57W1, for Prohibited Action under sections 47 and 48 of the Workers Compensation Act
  • You need advice on a prevention matter involving an administrative penalty against an employer, an order issued against you as a worker, or, an inspection report

Do I need a lawyer for a review?

No, you do not need a lawyer, but if you would like one, contact the Lawyer Referral Services at 604 687-3221 or 1 800 663-1919.

Whether you win or lose your review case, WorkSafeBC policy is to not pay legal fees.

Learn more about WorkSafeBC law and policy:

Once a month, we host a Compensation Clinics intended to enhance participants’ working knowledge about workers' compensation, prohibited action complaints, occupational health and safety complaints, and strategies and alternatives to appeals. 

Clinics are scheduled from September through June on the third Tuesday of every month. For more information or to register see our Compensation Clinics page.

I want to manage my claim and/or I disagree with a decision. Do you have an  Information Kit?

The Workers' Advisers Office can share strategies, tips and resources about  effectively managing your claim including advice on how to communicate and interact effectively with WorkSafeBC staff and the Workers' Compensation Appeal Tribunal. Click here to review the online Information Kit.

Our online "kit" explains the law in general. It is not intended to give legal advice. If you need more help, Start a New Inquiry