WAO Worker Portal
What is the Worker Portal?
The Workers' Advisers Office (WAO) Worker Portal is a web-based application that is similar to email. It is a fast and simple way to securely send and receive information.
Any messages and documents that you send to the WAO through the Worker Portal are automatically attached to your file, as long as you have an open file. You can access the information in your portal 24/7.
The steps to access the Worker Portal are outlined below. If you have questions about access to the WAO Worker Portal, please call 1-800-663-4261.
How do I sign up for the WAO Worker Portal?
Before getting started, make sure that you are using an internet browser that will work with the WAO Worker Portal.
- The Worker Portal works with Microsoft Edge.
- You may also access the Worker Portal through Firefox and Chrome. However, these browsers are not supported at this time and the functions of the portal may be affected.
- The Worker Portal does not work with the Safari browser or run on the MAC Operating System. As we realize the accessibility challenges that this may cause, we are currently in the process of developing new tools to increase accessibility.
To ensure your information is protected and secure, the first step is to register for a basic BCeID account.
- Click on the green “Worker Portal Logon” button in the right promo box.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Scroll down to the bottom once again and click on the link to "Register for a Basic BCeID Account" located towards the bottom right of the page.
- Make sure that you only register for a basic BCeID account. You do not need to specify a service.
- You will be asked to create a User ID and also a password. Make sure to write down that information in a secure spot as you will use it each time you log on to the Worker Portal.
- It will take approximately five minutes to set up a basic BCeID.
Once you have the basic BCeID account, call the Workers’ Advisers Office at 1-800-663-4261.
- You will need to provide us with your User ID.
- Our office will give you a six digit alpha-numeric (letters & numbers) Access code. Write down this information. You will use this access code only once to activate the worker portal.
Once you have called the Workers' Advisers Office and received an access code, return to the WAO Website.
- Click on the “Worker Portal” under Online Services.
- On the next page, click on the green “Worker Portal Logon” button in the right promo box.
- You will be redirected to the next page. Scroll down towards the bottom. Click on the “Logon” button towards the bottom left of the page.
- On the next page, you will see a screen asking you for your BCeID and your password.
- Enter your BCeID User ID in the box below "User ID”.
- Enter your BCeID password in the box below "Password". Click next.
- On the next page, you will see information about your logon history with BCeID. Go to next page.
- You will be prompted to enter your Access Code. The letters are all capitalized. Once you enter this access code, you can discard it as you will not use it again.
- Please go to "Subscribe to Notifications" on the right side of the page. Enter your email address here and you will be notified when something is posted to your portal.
How do I use the Worker Portal?
To use the features of the WAO Worker Portal select one of the three options: View Documents, Communication Centre, or Update Contact Info.
How do I view documents online?
You can view letters and other documents from the WAO. In some cases, the WAO will give you an option to add comments regarding a shared document. In these cases, an “Add” comment feature will be available as shown below.
The WAO will receive your comments and provide a response through the portal or by telephone.
How do I use the Communication Centre?
The Communication Centre allows you to send messages to the WAO and view messages sent to you.
- To send a message to the WAO, select the “New Message” button as shown below.
- Once selected, a message box will appear. Your messages are limited to 2,000 characters.
- You can also attach up to ten documents to send to the WAO through the Communication Centre.
- The Communication Centre can accept documents in the following formats: PDF, Doc, DOCX, Jpeg, png, wpd, jpg, tiff, mpg, mpeg, wav, mp3, mp4, mov, wmv, rtf.
- Select the “Add Attachments” button to attach documents to your message.
- Select the “Send” button to forward your message to the WAO.
- If you select the “Cancel” button, the screen will close and stop the activity without saving or sending and return you to the Communication Centre.
- New messages and replies sent from the WAO will be in bold type and are accessible by selecting the “View” button in the line displaying the message.
How can I avoid missed communications through the Worker Portal?
While you have an open file with the Workers' Advisers Office, make sure that you have subscribed to notifications. This will allow you to be notified by email when something has been posted to your portal.
If your file with the WAO is closed, you will not be able to communicate with us through the Worker Portal. Please visit the WAO Website or call 1-800-663-4261 to start a new inquiry.
To update your contact information:
- Select the "Update Contact Info" button.
- Make the changes and select “Save” at the bottom of the page.
This process will update your contact information with the WAO.
You are the only person that has access to your Worker Portal. Every time you wish to access your Worker Portal, you must use your BCeID personal access username and password.
What if I forget my password?
If you happen to enter your password incorrectly three times your BCeID account will be locked for 15 minutes. If this occurs you can either wait 15 minutes, or contact BCeID by telephone at 1-888-356-2741, or by e-mail BCeID@gov.bc.ca. You may need to create a new BCeID account and obtain a new access number from the Workers’ Advisers Office.