Licensing - Farm Labour Contractors

Farm Labour Contractors must obtain a licence before commencing work. Please submit your completed package well in advance of your anticipated date of starting work to allow adequate time to process your application. For licence renewals, please submit your application package at least 15 days before your current licence expires to allow adequate time to process your application.

The package may be submitted via regular mail, courier or in person to:

Employment Standards Branch
A207-20159 88 Avenue
Langley, BC V1M 0A4

Upon receipt of the package, Branch staff will review all forms and steps. Once all requirements have been met, you will be contacted for a licensing interview.

It is important to note that any time business changes are made (e.g. change of address, phone number, number of workers, vehicles used to transport workers, change of company directors, etc.) it is the responsibility of the Farm Labour Contractor to advise the Branch of these changes as soon as possible. Failure to do so could result in monetary penalties.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Employment Standards Agriculture Compliance Team at 604 513-4604.

For more information on the various requirements surrounding farm labour licensing, please see the links below:

A person must not engage the services of a farm labour contractor unless the farm labour contractor is licensed. See the below link for a list of Licensed Farm Labour Contractors. The Employment Standards Branch will not recommend a farm labour contractor.