Appeals from the Refusal, Cancellation or Suspension of a Licence - Regulation Part 2, Section 12
This section explains a person’s right to appeal a determination issued under s.10 of the Regulation and sets out the deadlines within which an appeal must be made.
12. (1) A person who is served with a determination under section 10 may appeal the determination to the tribunal by delivering to its office a written request that includes the reasons for the appeal.
(2) The request must be delivered to the tribunal within
(a) 30 days after the date of service, if the person was served by registered mail, and
(b) 21 days after the date of service, if the person was personally served or served under section 122 (3) of the Act.
(3) For an appeal under this section,
(a) the tribunal has the same powers as under sections 114 to 116 of the Act, and
(b) sections 108, 109 (b) to (h) and 111 of the Act apply.
When a determination is issued pursuant to s.10 of this Regulation, this determination may be appealed in accordance with the requirements of this section.
A person who has been served with a determination under s.10 of this Regulation, can appeal the determination by delivering a written request to the office of the Employment Standards Tribunal within the appeal period established in subsection (2) below. The written appeal request must include the reasons for the appeal.
The appeal period is based on the method of service, as follows:
- 30 days after the date of service if the person was served by registered mail
- 21 days after the date of service if the person was personally served
- 21 days after the date of service when the determination has been transmitted electronically or by fax machine (in accordance with s.122(3) of the Act) at the request of a person on whom a determination is required to be served.
The Employment Standards Tribunal has the same powers under the appeal process set in this section of the Regulation, as under the following sections of the Act, specifically:
- Section 114 After an appeal is requested
- Section 115 Tribunal’s orders
- Section 116 Reconsideration of orders and decisions
The following sections of the Act apply to appeals under this section:
- Section 108 Appeal and inquiry powers
- Section 109 (1) (b) to (h) Other powers of the tribunal
- Section 111 Publication of decisions
Related sections of the Act or Regulation
- s.1, Definition, “employment agency”
- s.1, Definition, “farm labour contractor”
- s.12, Employment and talent agencies must be licensed
- s.13, Farm labour contractors must be licensed
- s.125, Offences
- s.2, Licensing of employment agencies
- s.4, Cancellation or suspension of employment agency licence
- s.5, Licensing of farm labour contractors
- s.5.1, Calculation of security
- s.6, Duties of farm labour contractors
- s.7, Cancellation or suspension of farm labour contractor ’s licence
- s.8, If there is a change of directors or officer
- s.9, Rules about licences
- s.11, Surrender of licence
- s.38, Licensing of talent agencies
- s.38.1, Compliance requirements – talent agencies
- s.39, Exclusions from farm labour contractor licensing requirements